Thursday 12 September 2013

I miss my bed at home :(

Surprised to hear though? Yes, even me feel surprised as well.

Arrived Casablanca and buy the local currency / money here which is Dirham, nearly HKD 1~ Dhr 1.1, we brought USD for exchange.

After that we took a train and wanted to go to our first destination — Chefchaouen. When I approached the Customer Service Counter the guy seems like casual and not professional enough honestly, not sure about my question but just pointing out the airport saying that the bus stop is over there; so I looked for another staff in the departure but she couldn't speak English.

Luckily asked the train staff and bought the tickets. He told us we have to go to the Centre of Casablanca first then change a bus from there, we had to drop off from the 3rd station.

What confused us is, we are not sure which one is the "3rd station" as there was a very very small station right after the airport one. The old man who wore a very tidy suit asked and tried to give us help, and thanked God he speaks very fluent English, answered us so sure to drop off from the last station and take another train. Before he left "Chefchaouen is a very nice place, enjoy your trip."

However, when we dropped off and want to transfer another train to Chefchaouen, the staff saying that there is NO such a train to Chefchaouen! Oh my God! why different people answer something different to the same question? At that time some guys approached us claimed that they could drive us to the station...etc I was nearly mad!

We had no choice, I could only take a cab and he charged us Dhr 60 :( We went back to nearly one station, I think we somehow counted the "3rd station" wrongly.

CTM bus station is what we wanted to find out, but the tickets to Chefchaouen is sold out and there is only ONE bus every day (well I should had prepared better)

We were extremely tired, the straight forward solution was looking for somewhere and stayed night. Hotels nearby are all expensive, they are either bad quality hotels rather than hostels. We first found one is at Dhr160 per night but we would like to ask for some other choices, sad that they were all full, when we went back to the first one it was booked already and only one left WITHOUT windows! oh my goshhh

How lucky were we!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis